- You have a 6-pack. congrats, you’ve achieved something 95% of people never will
- clothes fit better, your entire body is more defined
- you generally look healthier
- instead of being afraid to take your shirt off in public, you find every excuse to take your shirt off in public (I suppose this could be a con if you value modesty)
- you’re at a body fat level that is generally better for your health. No need to worry about diabetes, heart disease, etc.
- You’re hungry, a lot. Assuming we’re talking about an absolutely chiseled 6-pack, you’re probably at a very low body fat %
- you think about food constantly
- you’re more irritable
- you have to say no to social situations that don’t adhere to your diet (within reason, you can afford SOME splurging, but it’s pretty minor)
- some people think you look like a cancer patient until you take your shirt off
- you’re WEAK and you probably dread gym sessions
Personally, i’d rather carry a little extra body fat and avoid all the negative mental strains that come with being extremely lean. I thinkis the way to go!
Original Author: , Fitness, Nutrition, and Strength Training Coach